Saturday, April 17, 2010

WHAT'S HAPPENING NOW: I'm LOVIN' it


For the next few weeks I'm going to be making readers jealous that they don't live in NYC. That's because loads of awesome stuff is going on around these parts.
This Monday is the best party of the year: THE LOVE BENEFIT. The fundraiser raises money for my sister's non-profit organization WET-- a production company that promotes women writers and hosts an amazing Media Literacy outreach program for teenage girls in New York. But back to the party. First off there will be a series of one-acts by women writers and performed by oh, SNL's Rachel Dratch, Entourage's Emmanuelle Chriqui, 30 Rock's Maulik Pancholy, Star Trek's Zachary Quinto and John Hamm's Jennifer Westfeldt(she's brills in her own right, but just sayin) to name a few. Then we'll be sipping on champagne and in my case, hounding the cheese bar (yes there's going to be a cheese bar).
Last year it was the event of the season. My mom and I even got our picture taken!

Too bad I was momentarily occupied by the ghost of a Keg thirsty Teen Wolf.
Tickets are $200, which is pretty much made up for with the goody bag alone. But student artists can get their tickets now for $100 buckaroos here.
Stay tuned for details on another event happening next Sunday. Hint: It's the Mom's Stuff Swaparoo.

No comments: